ItN , the founder of Ceramic Flat Membrane with 18 years’ R&D and manufacturing experience and Nano-coating technology, provides pre-treatment for sea water desalination. Pretreatment of seawater has always posed a challenge to the RO desalination process. Algae always exists in seawater, even in winter season. During summer time, most seawaters are prone to algae bloom or red tide. There is a consistent demand for innovation to improve reliability, reduce CAPEX and OPEX including chemical consumption of desal plant. The innovation of ItN pretreatment process as DAF and ceramic UF can fight against the enemy of algae, which can result in problems with biofouling on RO membrane surface due to the decay of algae and dissolved organics. A unique process combination of DAF and Ceramic UFcan extend the RO membrane life span to more than 8 years. According to the study of financial analysis model, DAF & Ceramic UFis the most economic and best pretreatment in more than 20 years operation and maintenance.
Typical Process of Sea water Desalination
Comparing to the polymer membranes, ItN Ceramic UF is much more compact and robust to be applied in high temperature wastewater treatment, the advantages are as follows:
● Extremely robust filtration media with resistance to high temperatures, up to 90℃.
● High reject rate in SS and other insoluble matters in the water.
● Longer life expectancy (15~20 years)
● Higher flux rates (200-400LMH)
● Lower operating costs due to lower backwash requirements and chemical treatment (less than 50%)